Wednesday 3 January 2018

Cooper's Dad's Cooper



I love making personalised versions of my mini cooper pattern. This one was very special, as this man loves his mini cooper so much that he named his son Cooper. So Cooper decided to buy his dad a knitted version of his car. 


Isn't this picture great. The pristine mini cooper, and also the beautifully organised garage, and Cooper's dad, who used to race mini coopers. (Think on husband - although my husband only has a shed, not a garage, it does not look as tidy as this.)


I was lucky as I already had the perfect colour blue wool, and personalised it by making it just a bit longer than my normal mini, with the black roof, and some of the stickers in the back windows, and the numberplate WUTZAT. 

Unfortunately mini cooper no 1 was mailed, but did not arrive.  So below is Cooper's second cooper. I can just about tell the difference. It has been sent, this time tracked, although not quite in time for Christmas.
 


UPDATE Oh postal services! Cooper No 1 has now arrived. It took 3 weeks. We have decided to blame Trump. So Cooper's dad will get two coopers I guess, so that will make 3! 

Just a reminder that if you are looking for somewhere new to share your projects I am running a new monthly woolly party. There is a link to it in at the top of the righthand column 

10 comments:

  1. Wow, your cooper is amazing! I am sure he loved getting two of them in the mail and can put them in different places in the house. I also loved the photos of Cooper's dad in the garage standing proudly by his car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny I love your designs they are just so cute. still have the donkey I won in your giveaway years ago for the Wind in the Willows. I changed email and lost the link to your site. Delighted to have found you again through Small Things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is the most adorable thing ever! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute car! I knit a house once, but you have my head spinning about knitting cars now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your mini cooper. I'd drive it to Tahiti with the wind blowing in my hair.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it and reminds me of my old mini back in the day.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha! Love the car. This is adorable. I personally still blame everything on Obama. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's too cute! I love your work, and even more the story behind it. Thank you for joining The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday and so happy to reconnect in 2018....and hopefully I'm going to start visiting some other parties myself this year, so glad to see you've joined the party circuit!

    ReplyDelete